PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - THE Beer Thread
Thread: THE Beer Thread
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MgFalcon
Captain

Lightbulb THE Beer Thread

"Beer. The solution to, and cause of, all of life's problems." - H. J. Simpson

My most favorite liquid in the world. I had my best beer in Hamburg, Germany (that was tapped out of a wooden keg, I shit you not). And my life-long obsession all started with a Corona down in Cancun, brought to me from a Mexican waiter who didn't give a shit that I was only 14.

Truely, this heavenly beverage NEEDS a spot on these forums. As so I am henceforth making this thread in dedication to Beer.

In today's market there has been a heavy increase in the demand for micro-brewed beers. I myself used to work at a brewery (and brewed at home - soooo much fun and easy!), as has most my family, and have came to a realization towards the end of college that that cheap-ass beer (keystone, coors, bud, miller, etc.) really don't do justice to REAL beer (I can't wait for the hate responses to that line).

Hefeweizen is one of my favorite styles of beer - the rich wheaty taste, the beautiful golden aura it produces when hailed in the bar lights, that wonderful after-taste that leaves you refreshed with a perfect blend of citrus-ness. And I would be most critical of this type more so than any others (Magic Hat's version tastes like soap, my fav if from Trinity Bar in Providence RI). If there is one thing a girl could do to (guarantee) get me into bed would to buy me this beer (unless they're like 300lbs or something, fuck that).

My life-long love for beer will never end. Please enjoy this thread with me, tell me your beer stories

Questions to consider:

What do you like about beer?
Don't agree with the drinking age laws?
Where and what was your best beer?
Micro-brew or piss-water?
Is it OK to make fruit beer?