PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Official PS Wish List
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-05, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Heh

Wow this topics generated a lot of intrest, although again i'm trying to put one question at a time uip for the poll (MODS please sticky the poll.)

Having said that here are some Ideas that I had rattling around but wont use for the poll because I cant pair them down to short and sweet and because i wont use any more of my ideas.

Powered Martial Combat Implant: Cheesy but intresting
Basicly an impant that allows the player to do short range combat moves when no weapon is equiped. Obviously these whould be best suited for infiltrators, but also whould help anyone laying in ambush around corners. Unlike other implants this whould subtract stamina in blocks of 20 and then have a short cooldown time rather then being on all the time. Moves: Attacking an enemy from the front whould execute a disarm manuever causing the enemies weapon to drop to the ground. An attack from behind causes brief (kidny shot) paralzation, only 1-2 seconds. An while facing the side or facing an unarmed enemy causes a punch dealing 20 hp's straight to health (this most likely shouldnt work versus max's) A jump kick (jump plus kick) whould cause a whopping 50 points of damage straight to health but whould completely drain or at least take half of ones stamina bar.

Making CC's actualy do something.
Here's an idea that's been rattlign around in my head a long time, why are CC's just windo dressing unless being hacked, how about actualy allowing someone to controll things, remotely operating base turrents, overriding door controls to cause them to remain closed preventing or severly retarding the process of hacking the IFF. (I can see this being used to close the back door gap a lot) Disabling base services for a period of time, I.E. the vehicle pad if the enemy controls the courtyard, likewise for inventory terminals in rooms the enemy controls. Taking over the medical terminal causing it to kill enemies that use it. Just use your imagination, i think this whould give a fair amount of kick to legitimate defenders, and actualy make guarding the CC more intresting.

A better tactical interface for the commanders, basicly giving them a radar view of the area of a base. (again take a not from tribes here people) this whould add a lot more strategic options to both defending and attacking. This whould really give folks a reason to carry around the command device.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.