PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Prowler not bad?
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-19, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Krinsath
4) The Prowler, despite being the biggest target, cannot outrun anything. If you get badly damaged, you better pray for support because you're screwed otherwise.

Quick and dirty solutions to the 1v1 imbalance with NC (it's a decent enough tank against the Mag): Swap Armor with Vanguard OR swap speed with Vanguard. The Prowler should be superior to that tank in one of those areas.

Solutions to the 150% crew requirement: Dunno, short of allowing the main gunner to control both if there is no 3rd crewman.
Swap Armor with Vanguard OR swap speed with Vanguard.

Driving a tank that is slow does suck, mainly because you cannot escape to repair and die far more often. I would not say swap it with the vanguard, but buff speed up to the vanguard. As is, a prowler can screw up an vanguard really badly if it closes the distance and can get solid shots with the main gun, I could not imagine trying to kill those things if I had to work through all that extra armor or could not have a chance at disengaging.

Look at max advantages, NC can take more hits, TR gets better DPS (yes, I know the lockdown sucks, but its more the theme I refer to). If the tanks are moving the same, or close to the same speed, the tank fight is even. It already is close to even on Van vs Prowler, as the 10 kph or so does not make as big a difference in that type of fight, unless one was damaged or has the aid of av.

Also magriders should sink on the water after sitting out there for a few minutes, it is a massive pain in the ass, every time if you are within 200m of water they will immediatly run and instantly that 150 becomes a 20 while you become a massive target.

Oh, the 12mm should also be coaxial with the 100mm until a 3rd person jumps in imo, ditto for marauder. There is no reason that one of your advantages should be such a massive liability.