PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sense of Accomplishment
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-02, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
kamikava
Private

Re: Sense of Accomplishment

I disagree with the "all i needz is to shoot da enemies to get ma acomplishmentz" approach. It might have worked FOR YOU, however many people (like me ) require something tangible to give us that warm fuzzy feeling inside and keep us coming back and paying the sub month after month and year after year. I hate to compare it to the grindfest WoW but that is a game which has endless achievements which keep people coming back!

This is important i think:

"4.1 Achievement point buy's allow for purchase of new armor's, weapons, accessories for cosmetic flare and prestige (provides the "Look at me!<muscle Flex>) feel."

For many people the lack of not getting any achievments past level caps in PS1, even if its just a little badge in a book which you can link in chat, meant the game became stale.

Being able to say - Look at me! I did this! And i have this cool bit of armour to prove it! - is of paramount importance, and having hundreds of these is the key to making a game successful in the long term.

IMO it is very important in any MMO to have a tangible aspect to show accomplishments and continued progression that keep me wanting to play.