PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Systems: E-Sport
Thread: Systems: E-Sport
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Re: E-Sport

I just had an epiphany for my idea. I'm going to write this all up as it's own topic since I totally hijacked NewSith's topic (sorry NewSith); so the new topic is going to be largely a repost of what I've already written, but I want to throw this wrench into the works before I do:

No respawn.

200 players per team. Winner take all. No respawn.

The reason I thought of this was because I worried that matches would drag on for too long. On a six hour cycle, it's concievable that two teams could stalemate the facility until the clock rolled over.

Also, this works best if matches don't last more than 1 1/2 hours so that one single server can host all of the matches on a rotating basis which would minimize overhead.

So, no respawning...unless you cap the middle.

Each base would have a "Key Objective" - The capture point located in the middle of the base. Capturing that point turns on the power flow from that teams transport ship to the bases batteries, and allows for that teams players to respawn in the center.

Now the other two factions are in REAL trouble - which is the whole point. This expedites the "clean up phase" and forces all teams to the middle. Retaking the Key Objective is possible with an organized counter attack, but not very likely - doing so would be the stuff of legends.

Players that die can stay and spectate with the possibilty of gaining the respawn ability, or they can drop out and respawn back at their originating Foothold base.

Also, revives would be allowed (of course, why not - but it bears saying so that people understand).

This mechanic makes matchs shorter, more high stakes, and extremely tactical.

It's like Counter-Strike on steroids.

Last edited by The Degenatron; 2012-07-05 at 06:41 PM.