PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Vanu Rangers are Recruiting [NA]
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-15, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Yuka
Private

Re: Vanu Rangers are Recruiting

Just a quick blurb on what I hope to accomplish with a greater training program out of our Special Operations Division:

I'm going to be building a bunch of schools that specialize in teaching a skill set and mind set in the game in a particular area. Players from within Vanu Rangers will be able to attend said schools and they may last a single night or encompass entire weeks of daily/nightly training. Once graduated, these players will return to where they came from and bring with them a new set of skills that they can use to enhance the operation of their current "unit" within Vanu Rangers.

One such school will be "Pathfinder School". Players that attend this school will be trained in coordinating with attack aircraft to deliver either preplanned or immediate close air support. And it's going to be a lot more than just, "We have a tank here and we need air support..." The techniques taught at this school will come right out of the training and experience that I have received in the military in real life - tweaked and adapted for Planetside 2. The Pathfinder will be able to call in air support precisely so that a Close Air Support sortie that would normally take 5 Reavers might only take two Reavers to accomplish the same mission.

Such schools will be open to all Vanu Rangers but definitely will not be a requirement for advancement within the outfit.