PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-24, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #144
Snow
Private

Because its another cool vehicle to show off that will entice people to play the game.
I don't believe that the inclusion of a mech over a more traditional vehicle would intice enough people to be worth the development time and cost.

BFRs were mechs.
BFRs were overpowered and had a buggy implementation.

These two facts have absolutely nothing to do with one another(aside from the buggy animations).
You're right but you're expecting too much of the PS1 regulars, my old outfit are all playing WoW and other MMOs now. They're aware that PS2 has been announced and they will drop whatever they're doing and play it when it's launched but to them the inclusion of mechs would be a major put off no matter how well someone implemented them.

I'm not stupid, I know mechs could be done but I still don't see how the pros outweigh the cons.

Oh, and don't big yourself up. The 'old guard' aren't that special. They were new to the franchise once too. New players can make the game just as special.
Again you're right but but your overlooking what a massive impact the original playerbase has over the success of sequels. There is no greater power in marketing then a loyal fan who wants to tell everyone who will listen about the game he loves.