PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide Next Spring 2011?
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-25, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Straws
Corporal

Re: PlanetSide Next Spring 2011?

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Yes, I'm sure you are 100% in the know.
I apologise for making that statement as a fact instead of making it a clear opinion. I was wrong on that side of things.

However, the basics of testing a new MMO. Stress testing is required. Stress testing is usually performed as a final test and usually during the last 1-2 months of a looong open beta test.

In order to properly stress test they usually issue a "come one come all" beta invite which is holds no restrictions what so ever (unlike early alpha and beta where participants are limited to people with machines which are above the target spec).

Three months away and they haven't yet issued beta invites to test mechanics and gain public feedback.

For this to make sense to me, either;
- The game is of a scale where stress testing is not required in addition to very basic gameplay mechanics that exist already in products that already belong to SOE.
- They have an immense internal beta testing ernvironment which runs into the thousands of simultansous testers (and none of them have violated NDA so far).
- It has been openly tested now under a different product and they've just decided to claim that that product is Planetside Next (see the other concerns in this thread about 'The Agency').
- SOE completely forgot the importance of open beta testing.
- They're lying that the release date is in March or they're highly likey to miss that date by half a year.
- Their games are now made using magic and they can ignore the basics of producing an MMO.

Last edited by Straws; 2010-12-25 at 06:03 AM.