PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Implants and Components
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-23, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Implants and Components

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
I read the OP wrong the first time as well.

Implants have been announced with some possibilities.
OP thought it might be cool to add in a crafting system for the implants.

I read that it was incoming and thought well if it is going that way what needs to happen to make it ok? It is just an idea from EvilPig.
My thought and the more I think about it the more I don't like it, ANY time you introduce crafting you introduce component farming. Doesn't matter how random the drops or what they are tied to, a LOT of people feel they are forced to farm mats to compete and have the best implants. Just the nature of gamers. The result in a PVP shooter? There are not a lot of places to look for history but in Global Agenda it was a colossal failure. They had a good thing started and the more they added RPG elements into the game the deeper the grave it dug. It wasn't just the crafting that was there from the start, but the more complex it got and tying drops to actions.

Basically I don't see it implemented well in this game, OR rather if it happened it needs to be a long, LONG way off as they work on balancing the game adding content and simply getting implants into the game that aren't to OP AND aren't acquired in a way to increase a Pay to Win feeling.
I mentioned a crafting system, but would prefer it is as simple as the implants are simply available to you if you have the right components. There is also simply adding a generic component that all drops would drop and you spend those (like resources) on implants.

What do you think about the current concept by the developers? Implants themselves would randomly drop from actions and those implants can be combined to make stronger implants. I didn't like the idea of implants dropping, so I created a component system.

www.planetside-devildogs.com