PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I have no words.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Re: I have no words.

The "poor, abused" christian victim sob story is one of the greatest fictions of our time. Christians and religious people in general represent a huge (if ever shrinking) majority in this country, and in many ways religious thinking, symbols and concepts absolutely dominate our culture. The idea that such a powerful majority, whom even presidents need to bow to in order to have any hope of being elected, can be bullied by a tiny, almost politically insignificant minority, is laughable, and you are deeply deluded if you think the situation is otherwise.

All that being said...

As a secular humanist and fairly committed atheist I have to say that it is not a good idea to demand the removal of this memorial. It is akin to a grave; a statue put up to honor the dead. I fail to see any harm that it's doing.

But seriously guys. This whole "under attack" "christian victim" "oh golly we're so bullied" routine is hokum and everyone ought to know it. Religious people: you are the vast majority. A little resistance against religious domination is a good thing. Let us never forget what the world looked like when religion had utter and complete control of people's lives; when it was an unassailable, sacred facet of culture and government. I'll give you a hint: people like me were burned alive in town squares.

Things are a lot better now. And if you really do feel that your imaginary friend is 'threatened', you may was to re-evaluate how much faith you have in your "all powerful" deity that seems so under the gun, all the time, from every angle, from such a small group of mere mortals.

Good golly miss molly.