PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Aveox
Private

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

As outfit leader of a small outfit I can definately agree that this is a problem. We're still hanging in there though and hoping that things will change, but it is very clear that zerging is currently the way to go in this game.

I think the major issue is that there are no side objectives in PS2. There are no NTU silo's to fill, no bases to drain, no lattice to cut, no generators to keep down and no mods or LLU's to run. This was typical small outfit stuff that my outfit was doing in support of the zerg in PS1. Most of it would be responded to by similar small and focused outfits. PS2 has simplified things so much that this has been lost and the result is nothing but zerging.

And as others have said already: I am wondering what the devs had in mind when they thought about outfits in PS2. There's no outfit decals, you cannot even display your full outfit name and outfit management tools are spotty at best. You can be proud of your outfit as much as you want, but you'll be just another random 4-letter tag in the zerg, which is a shame.