PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Top cause of players leaving PS2 (2014)
View Single Post
Old 2014-08-02, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Mietz
First Sergeant

Re: Top cause of players leaving PS2 (2014)

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
They're definitely not the same reasons and hardly underlying, except for maybe the sniperside buff, which is hardly a newbie issue in this game imo as players are used to one headshot kills in other shooters.
Other shooters hardly have over 100 people shooting at you at a time from 8 directions and vehicles.

Yes, the causes you listed are symptoms, and they overlap with that one thread i posted in way back when. Except back then it was liberators and rocketpods that were killing everyone.
Now its snipers.
Next month it will be something else.
Fact is TTK is too low for newbs to matter, and that can manifest in many symptoms.

Game is repetitive? Could it have anything to do with bad combat flow and redeployside?
Back when my outfit left it was base zerging, then it was repetitive lanes, now its pointless connections and flow, quartz redesign is just the most egregious example.

Of course its not exclusively those specific examples but they are symptoms of the larger picture that has plagued PS2 for a LONG time.

I mean the newbie unfriendlieness isnt because there wasnt a tutorial, we now have one, it didnt retain anyone more.

Of course Mordes speculation on WHY these things are (devs not playing the game) might or might not be correct, its an opinion, however i agree with that opinion as it seems to be consistent with the other design blunders.

Last edited by Mietz; 2014-08-02 at 02:19 PM.