PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "A Striker rocket is stronger than a Decimator rocket."
View Single Post
Old 2003-08-04, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by AtomicBanana
'to dominate a battlefield without any use of skill whatsoever'

rubbish....

It's not *that* easy to kill stuff with the striker. It's not impossibly hard either, but in most combat situations it is certainly not fire and forget.
Quoted for truth. It's very easy to tell the difference between a newbie striker user and a seasoned striker user. Newbie striker users will generally end up forcing their target behind cover or out of range by locking on too early, making them waste some if not all of the rounds they fire. Not only that, but strikers can be a real pain when targetting ground vehicles, because it's so easy to lose the lock. I admit, strikers can be extremely good against air vehicles if you don't lock on until two or three rounds are live, but the weapon has its shortcomings, just like all Empire-specific AV weaponry.

Actually, in retrospect, I think it's the level of ignorance about strikers that makes them as successful as they are in some situations. People don't understand how to use the weapon, really, so they don't understand how to increase their survivability against it.