PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS1 Free Time - Are Planetside Reserves Vets ?
View Single Post
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-29, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Re: PS1 Free Time - Are Planetside Reserves Vets ?

Originally Posted by KaB View Post
Sounds like every Reserves players are considered like hackers. That's sad, because I spent some really good time on this game with friends only with a reserves account and without being a hacker. I never wanted anything bad for PS1, on the contrary, but as I've been a PS1 player it looks quite unfair that I receive these kind of replies.

I just felt right to bring every old players from PS1 to the last big day before the start of PS2. Especially because it went very well with the upcoming F2P model of PS2.
We absolutely do not consider every reserve account to be hackers. However, hacking was extremely common when the reserve accounts were activated because they had no "skin in the game", as they say. Accounts that are paid, i.e. bought a box, paid a sub, are way less likely to be hacking (although some do, don't get me wrong) than ones that never paid a cent and could create new accounts for free once banned. I'm sorry that you can't join in on the events, although if you really want to, you could always purchase PlanetSide (I believe it's 15 or 20 dollars) and you'll get 30 days free time with that to play again for the 7/1 event. http://www.soe.com/getthegame/