View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: New Outfits Are Pointless

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
Help me out people.

I have been gaming with a group of about 20 for about 10 years now alomost exclusively playing battlefield titles,mods, ect. (we also have a vast gaming backround including MMO's) some of us were in the top 1,000 in the world regularly in Bf titles and we mostly consist of 30+ somethings, heck one guy B46 was number 4 in the world in battlefield 2142 it it's prime was 58 at the time. We have never joined a "clan" or made one ourseleves (we take great joy in running clans off their own servers though haha) but looking at PS2 we feel for the sake of adaptaion and effectiveness we will need to identify ourselves by making our own small outfit or maybe joining a outfit.

The questions I have is with 2,000 people in a map will there always be a significant ammount of organization and un-organization? For example if there are 700 on a team will 450 be organized and 250 be loners or semi-organized following others leads? Will it really matter if you are in a large outfit or a small one or none?

I would imagine not everyone playing PS2 will become or adopt the mindset of PS Vets and their ideologies about how to play PS2, I do asure you my crew will be into taking and defending assets as well as being fairly organized, but I don't know how hard core we will end up? We do enjoy out of the box tactics even if they end in a glorious loud failure from time to time, we just hope those moments are captured on film!

Any vets care to chime in on how you think you will approach/treat the loners or small outfits in PS2?
loners and small outfits have their place. I wouldn't rely on them if I can help it, but they're still on your side.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.