PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide Day Events Tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: PlanetSide Day Events Tomorrow

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
Grief system is fine, stop throwing plasma and camping tower doors.
Grief is based on damage done, grief level, and how recently your last hit was. (or at least those seem to be the major factors) They didn't get grief lock from throwing plasma or camping doors. They got it by being in a laggy environment and having friendly vehicles constantly bumping around into each other so that it was probably around +150 grief a paint nick. Really easy to get grief locked that way. It's a simple problem that the grief system wasn't built with this in mind and that's fine because this isn't normal operations and you are correct in your statement that the grief system is fine. But there's no real need for the insinuation in your post.

As for the time it takes grief to go away, it's fast to go away at grief level 0 (0-99) and goes more slowly beyond that (I think grief level 1 is 100-499 not sure though). Accidents do happen and crazy go nuts base fights can end up giving you lock if circumstance conspire properly. But back when we had multiple servers you could just change servers and your grief wouldn't follow you and you could continue playing although laggily.

There is one flaw in the PS grief system and it's that you basically get no grief for killing friendlies if you do it in one shot. A friendly OS on Vpad nets you about 10 grief if you hadn't gotten any recently. All systems have flaws and as far as what the goals of the grief system are I agree that it works quite well.

Last edited by Captain1nsaneo; 2012-07-02 at 08:17 PM.