PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Vancha
Colonel

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

I sort of agree with PsychoXR. I don't think the kind of single-player mechs I'd want to see and the way they'd be balanced would fit with the other vehicles in Planetside, but we'll see.

I mentioned in another thread how you could simply have a mech with the same speed, armour and weapons as a lightning and thus end up with a balanced mech, and what I'd like to see wouldn't deviate from that too much.

First of all, it would have auto run and walk modes, but it's auto run would be more like auto drive...running mechs look terrible unless they're gundam sorts of things. While auto-running it couldn't fire and it'd move at ATV/buggy speed, but while walking it'd be slower than a lightning. It'd probably have more armour than a lightning too, but definitely less than an MBT.

Skill-tree wise it sounds like vehicles in general will be able to choose between different roles, so I imagine you'd be able to choose between AI, AV, AA, pure transportation and other options (no mix'n'match), but due to it's height vulnerability and speed while walking, it'd probably be suited to a fair range. Too vulnerable up close, but too inaccurate to act like artillery.