PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Top cause of players leaving PS2 (2014)
View Single Post
Old 2014-09-29, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: Top cause of players leaving PS2 (2014)

Chiming in late, I quit essentially for two reasons:

1. I couldn't play the game. It just refused to run properly and was effectively impossible to play. Can't do much when your hits don't register, terminals/vehicles don't work, and everyone teleports all over the screen most of the time. I tried really hard not to let it bother me, but it eventually became literally impossible to do anything other than fly around an empty continent killing... time.

2. The way people choose to play the game is depressing and boring. Massive zergs / spawn room camping with the maximum amount of force multipliers possible, all the time, everywhere. Or... you can play TR or NC, where hundreds of people run once more into the breach, because hey this time it *might* work, right? It really seemed that it didn't matter who's platoon I played with on NC or TR, no one was interested in having any fun. It was either grind XP essentially ghost capping or thoughtlessly throw the entire platoon at over popped zergs without any hope doing more than getting some kills/deaths. I found that I always ended having more fun just looking at the map and figuring out where I personally could be most effective. Though, I did have some fun with a couple outfits here and there.

Now, I dunno. I really like the game itself, the art, the feel, the vehicles, the locations, the combat style... So if it runs properly, I'll play a bit again. I'm actually looking forward to the alpha design Lightning to be released - might just have to buy some Station Cash for the first time in a very long time. But, I just don't have it in me to treat PS2 any more than a fun thing to do, sometimes. My main character has unlocked pretty much everything I care about, so I can log in and blow stuff up whenever without feeling the need to "grind".

Last edited by Tatwi; 2014-09-29 at 05:34 PM.