PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Improvement: Orbiting Sanctuary's (Replacing Footholds)
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-09, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
JimmyOmaha
Sergeant

Re: Orbiting Sanctuary's (Replacing Footholds)

Originally Posted by Saifoda View Post
Jimmy, I'm not sure I like the idea of the ships rotating over the planet and only being above certain continents at certain times. This, to me, seems like it would promote the logic of "oh, we can't attack Oshur right now, the VS have their OS/OCC/whatever over it so it's useless to attack it." Also it limits your capabilities of deploying to whatever battlefield you want (I know there'll be other options to deploy basically wherever you want, but other than cont-locking I don't think players that are in the EMPIRE sanctuary should be prevented from deploying directly from there to pretty much wherever they want; especially once we get back upwards of 10 continents and you can only drop on 1 continent at any given time with that changing only every couple hours or so, and then it's still just 1 continent but just a different one).
My thinking here was that they would have an edge, and a layer of logistics, but not a win button. Plus you can't just instant swap a territory to your empires side. It will take a good chunk of time to make a new front. I'd hope it'll play out more like; We're fighting the NC on the south end of the continent almost have it locked. But the TR sanctuary has just begun its orbit, so we'll have to keep an eye out for back-hacks and maybe consider bringing more over to the continent.

Agreed the more continents the better, the idea plays out much better with 4+ continents.

Originally Posted by Zolan View Post
One thing I would add to the orbiting stations would be virtual shooting ranges, driving ranges, and air locations for trying out different weapons and load outs. Something similar to the training area in the original Planetside.
Forgot about this, excellent idea. Adding to OP.

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
Anyway it would be good that the Sanctuary could float only above parts of your territory (hexes) that aren't on the front lines.
6-13-12 - Disregard: Yea, been thinking of more restrictions for the launch bay, its hard to do with out removing its use. It has to be usable on enemy hexes in case your empire is continent locked.

Been thinking lately that it would be any border hex, and extra hexes on the corners. No main bases.

Last edited by JimmyOmaha; 2012-06-13 at 04:53 AM.