PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Server Hourly Population Statistics
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sirisian
Colonel

Planetside 2 Server Hourly Population Statistics

I decided to use the API to gather some statistics about the servers and compile it into a site for others to view. I hope others find this useful. It allows you to see server populations over a given hour and compare them. This also has faction populations which I know some people were curious about.

Planetside 2 Population

(I'm not sure how good my server is at handling the traffic, so if it dies check back later).

This is more of a test of the API. If for some reason the data seems to drop unexpectedly, like it does on March 4 2013 4 PM +0 UTC, that is outside of my control. It happens when their API has outdated information. During that time my logs indicated the service was unavailable. I'm not sure how common this bug is, but it's important to keep in mind. My algorithm automatically collects small amounts of data every hour so you should see the data updating every hour. Note that the far right data is streaming in, as mentioned on the site, so it's not always accurate until 30 minutes past the hour.