PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-14, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Re: New Patch Notes - Test Sever 13-06-13

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
If you are going to remove death tally from revive then you would be messing up everyone's KDR that has been playing since release, but didn't have that feature. Is the change retro-active? Are all of our stats going to be adjusted to make up for the new feature? I am sure you have been revived multiple times and your KDR would be a lot higher. I know mine would since I do tend to wait for revives if I know medics are around.

The point is they are making it the stat less important. They have already stated they would like to give players the option to pay money to erase their KDR completely. This isn't team death match.. so realistically KDR isn't as important as actually playing the objective and the objective is not just to stay alive and kill more players so your team wins the round.
That's a pretty good point.

Personally I'm on the fence about the change - I like the idea of encouraging revives rather than respawns, but OTOH I'm one of those people who does care (somewhat) about K/D and I'm not keen to see it messed up.

Under the circumstances, retroactively recalculating everyone's K/D does seem like it'd be ideal - but I'm not convinced they have the necessary data to do that. Kind of annoying, but never mind.

BTW while we're on the topic of respawns it'd also be great if they could remove bodies of people who are no longer viable revive targets. Definitely falls under the category of 'quick quality-of-life fixes', don't you think?