PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-21, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win

1) I like how on first glance, it looks like you're putting what youi think is best for PS2 first.

2) I need more time to get my "big picture" opinion finalized.

3) I kind of like what may be at least part of their goal ..... REDUCE vehicle spamm. It's quite possible they're doing this to try to give infantry POP a small to moderate boost in numbers - while reducing vehicle populations. It will make vehicles MORE important. It may FORCE better cooperation & planning as to when, where, and how large groups of ground, or air vehicles, are pulled.

The way vehicles were so easily acquired, you could pull a MBT, esf, or Lightning just to go out and get some easy revenge kills vs an infantry you couldn't beat 1v1 (if you were outside a vehicle).

If people can't spawn MBT, Harrassers, Sundy's & Lightnings at will ..... perhaps ...... perhaps ..... it will promote better cooperative strategies .... at least down to the Platoon level. Hopefully down to the Squad level.

4) Is it P2W ? Well, they have to generate MONEY to help fund a F2P game. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE INHERENT CONFLICTS OF INTEREST in how to generate revenue streams in a F2P game. Without-a-doubt, the Higher Subs have a P2W element. I see it as a Pay-for-a-slight-theoretical-edge .... not so much P2W.
Sure, you can pull your Max, ESF, Sundy, whatever ...... a little sooner & more readily than a 100% F2P can. IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU A BETTER ESF Pilot ..... it simply makes you a pilot that can pull your replacement plane a little sooner. P2W ? Somewhat. Premium Subscribers also gain no more than making PS2 a P2D (pay-to-die).

The Premium Sub Players give the community of players MORE TARGETS ...... the XP thier deaths provide the community essentially give the playerbase back the certs (AND XP) that Sub-Players get via their Premium Sub.

I have a strong tendency to get cynical. It's often justified in this game, but I think SONY actually is NOT doing enough for their Premium Subscribers.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-06-21 at 11:24 AM.