Thread: Gameplay: Command Car
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Command Car

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
I now think that ANY vehicle should be able to have a command function, by sacrificing a weapon for a command uplink. The commander can then use that position to access command tools, from the ones we were familiar with in PS to new ones that I detail here, where relevant for PS2.
I think I would prefer a single vehicle only, like this new one. Galaxies, and other stuff cost quite a bit of resources, and the "commanders" will pressure the system (in many ways...), by always wanting to "roll" in the most e-peen Galaxy command ship...

Thats just one example of the many things I can see go wrong with allowing any vehicle to do this. To me its no different than allowing any vehicle to be "certed" for spawning, or "certed" for vehicular repair, or "certed" for equipment terminals. My use of "certed" being the equivalent to "sacrificing a weapon for a...".

My interpretation of their implementation is to allow very special fuctions like spawn, repair, equip. terminals, to be married to a particular vehicle. Personally, I think my idea falls into this category. The vehicle system sorta mirrors the class system, in that there are limitations, and trade offs, as should be the case here.

Again, just my opinion.