PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - IMO KillCam killing the Game
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-31, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Re: IMO KillCam killing the Game

KillCams should not be in game

If you don't know why/how you were killed then there's two explanations

1) You weren't paying attention, you forfeit the right to bitch about being killed
2) The enemy put a lot of effort/sneaking into making it so that you didn't realize they were there

Adding KillCams just kills off stealth/positioning and a whole bunch of other tactics, getting a full detail of who killed you just leads to 'revenging' where people blindly spam nades/run at the place they saw the KillCam at. I see it in Bf3 and CoD 4 all the time.

Hell I like it 'cos it means people come running at me and I get more kills, but Planetside is a game I like to play tactically rather than fast-paced FPS style. I think KillCams ruin all tactical planning, the best part of the game, and give a massive boost to blind zerging, the worst part of the game.

The oft-cited defense is to counter campers, but that doesn't apply to an open game. In COD or BF3 where the maps can be pretty tight then the justification is valid. However in Planetside just jump in a jet or go around that place. If you die to the same camper 4 times in a row and think you need a KillCam, you don't, you're just a muppet to run into a certain death area four times over. Flank him, you should have a general idea of where he is unless you were tossing off or something.

Last edited by 2coolforu; 2012-01-31 at 09:21 AM.