PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NC already have the buff
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-21, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: NC already have the buff

Originally Posted by jollytraveller View Post
The Prowler is a far, far better door camper than the Vanguard. Both tanks can 1-shot kill yet the Prowler has twice the rate of fire. Granted the Vanguard is also good at camping doors but to say it's the best is farcical.
Both tanks were good for camping, but rate of fire was rarely a concern. The Vanguards larger and deadlier splash damage was where I was heading with the comparison. Made it that much easier to die to stray shots whenever a tower door would open.

Originally Posted by jollytraveller View Post
Trying to assault a base with a JH can be horrible. When I play my TR and VS, the most fun to be had is defending a base against the NC. You can massacre them if you know what you are doing. Until they get the Scat MAX's that is..........
Perhaps now, but I still have memories of surgile strongly etched in my mind. JH's are still great up close and used to be the absolute final word. PS1's bases just aren't designed well. It's not so much that they were designed to favor one weapon or another, so much as they failed to be well balanced to accommodate a wide range of combat within them.

The three empires were well balanced in theory, but the practical geography of Planetside made for certain problems. It seems like the level designers for PS2 are a little better versed in how important map design is to having a balanced game. That and class systems should take care of any imbalances a lot easier.