PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Internet Stars Ruining or helping PS2?
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-02, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Stanis
Master Sergeant

Re: Internet Stars Ruining or helping PS2?

Something I did not understand about PS1 was the complete lack of promotion of the game.
It remains a ground breaking game that was technically ahead of its time and demanded computer hardware and internet connections many simply did not have.

There were no articles. There was no gaming magazine reviews. There were no adverts. No blogs.

While I disagree with my 12 year old who thinks Tobuscus is bother incredibly cool and funny, I can admire the guy for generating revenue streams from a public willing to consume media.

I have to concede that with the MMO awards and constant PC reviews Sony are advertising the game.

While it doesn't run on an old toaster the game runs fairly well on a modern PC.

I believe the adage goes "there's no such thing as bad publicitity".
I may not make the best MMO pixels for 12 year olds that think tobuscus is cool to shoot at. They will probably find me incredibly boring and my ideas about taking and holding terrain boring compared to their KD ratios at The Crown.

However - they are the gamers of tomorrow and I'd rather have canon fodder than empty servers.