Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #423
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
You do realize that you are coming across as having more racial prejudice then the posters you imply are "racist shitheads"(I assume your generalization included other posters?).
Please tell me more about how thinking a guy should go to trial over killing an unarmed kid makes me a racist.

I don't know if you noticed, but shit happens all the time. People shoot other people on a daily basis, and a lot of times the killer is never caught, or people know and he walks due to a technicality. Where is the outrage? Where is the media, why don't they bring it to our attention the way it did with Zimmerman and Martin?
Doesn't happen all the time here, actually, but then we don't have wannabe cops with violent criminal records running around with a 9 in their waistband.

You do hear about all of those other crimes. You've heard of Casey Anthony? You've heard of OJ Simpson? There are many, many cases you have no doubt heard about that are all examples of where people believe justice was not done. The difference between this one and those, of course, is that Zimmerman wasn't even charged with anything. Do unarmed kids get intentionally killed by a guy with a firearm so often that the treatment of this case is really so peculiar?

And as I mentioned, the real fault of the media would be that there might be other killings where the killer walks without trial because of bullshit gun laws. The treatment of the killing of this Martin kid is almost entirely appropriate (the few instances of bullshit like editing the call aside), and without it there'd be no chance for justice for the dead kid. So the outrage of people over the media in this thread and elsewhere is totally misplaced, and it's sad we live in a world where people can be so apathetic to the murder of a teenager that it's actually something that needs to be said.