PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Victory with Less Pie?
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-18, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Falcon_br
Captain

Re: Victory with Less Pie?

Originally Posted by Zadexin View Post
THIS^ This is what ODAM is all about. Yes we recognize that one squad is not going to hold snake ravine against a dedicated zerg. BUT if we can set 1 squad there and delay the zerg for 10 minutes, while 3 squads cap the biolab Hydroponix (or whatever its called). Then we can all attack back downhill in force to push the zerg off.

You will never stop a force of superior numbers from taking a place if they are truly dedicated. You can delay them or if you are lucky, make them change their mind and waddle off in another direction.

I can't tell you how many alerts we have won by using this blocking strategy. But I can tell you to look up the stats for how long TR has owned Indar on Watterson.
I don't think you saw here my reports about working with ODAM on Esamir.
Most of times ODAM will never try to hold a base and will try to avoid the enemy Zerg.
I can't discuss if it is effective or not, since everyone were doing that before the Latice.
I already complained that one day a full platoon of the ODAM were cert farming a spawn point on frostbite harbor, while my platoon had to do the hard work of killing the enemy sunderer and flipping the point.
Today I discussed with Slyguy and other people on the command channel and looks like you guys will finally start doing events, like I am saying since the first event, holding Indar is not worth if we are going to lose all events because of that, the bonus is too small when you compare to all those free certs to everyone on the server.
Finally, I was getting tired of going to events just to deny the NC, domination victories.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2