PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-31, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
GodlessHeretic
Private

Re: If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
It was a problematic set of arbitrary rules that made a lot of players unwilling to go there
TRANSLATION: You weren't allowed to use HA, MBT's, or Reavers under any circumstance. These items are the lynchpin of just about every retard who plays/ed Planetside. Without them, the game becomes more cerebral and strategic. You'd actually have to THINK about what weapons are in your loadouts and what vehicles to use as your list of choices suddenly expanded through the non-use of general purpose kill-alls. In short, it was a place that spit in the face of the lowest common denominator of Planetside.

Thing is, the BI's were poorly designed and implemented.
Poorly implemented? Most likely. Poorly designed? I don't believe so and you've given no facts to prove otherwise at this point.

You'll notice that in the post above, the BI's become vital links in the defense of a Sanctuary as a third home continent and a central continent next to Searhus.
I'm fine with that. More avenues of attack/defense means more small-scale fights.

For these reasons, you would require continuity, which in cave fights you do not.
Caves, if used, add to the continuity of other fights through the use of modules. They provide a tangible secondary resource that is actually quite important.