PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-02, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
BFRs can stay if the gunner and hopping variants are removed.
Gunner variant:
  • Shield removed
  • Reduce submerged penalty
  • Hitpoints akin to a Galaxy at 5000 (Vanguard: 4000hp): main combat advantage over regular vehicles: ability to get up steep hills and cross through water. Should now be possible to take out by a good tank crew, yet have an advantage.
  • Jacking timer reduced
  • Pilot guns should have worse angles at the vehicle's legs.
  • Peregrine gunner's weapon reduced in alpha damage (more focus on the DoT effect from the generated bubble).
  • EMP works as usual, just disables weapons.

FV:
  • Shield removed
  • Individual hitboxes removed
  • Jacking timer reduced to 15 seconds
  • Hitpoints equivalent to a Magrider (Currently it is equivalent to Magrider at (3500), but with shield (+2500) it has more than a Galaxy, while the shield recharges). 3500 hitpoints for a solo vehicle? Come on. That's enough: Deliverer variants get 2500 and Lightnings 2000!
  • FV jump height reduced to wall height
  • Only one jump a minute capacitator
  • Standard EMP rules (no weapons / Flight capacitor built up jammed (paused))

Flails serve no purpose.
They do, they serve the purpose of area denial, but they're simply too good at it and too independent from other players.

Flails:
  • Require an active Laze Pointer lock acquired from Flail, like a Router pad from a Router to designate Flail targets.
  • Each Laze Pointer only serves Flails that are within a 8m radius from the Flail who provided the Laze Pointer and are squaded (making them a single easy OS target).
  • Reduce rate of fire by 50%.

Larger bases would be nice. I've always thought more of them should be dropship center size.

I also happen to think towers need to be reworked into either a more integral part of the base (like literally attached to the walls) or relegated to being outposts with no direct association with a base.
I should see if I can find my outpost designs based on towers. Unfortunately any old forum posts have been destroyed as both the old PS1 forums and the PS idealabs forums are gone.

CR abilities shouldn't be usable unless you are a squad leader. Including command chats.
I would say squad leader, or top 5 positions in an outfit.

The GG needs to be removed.
Yes. >.>

Last edited by Figment; 2014-06-02 at 08:13 AM.