PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech)
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-23, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech)

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
well maiing large spaceship and colonsing other planets is a thing of the future, a gauss rifle is a current technology thats been weaponised, just not mass produced on small scale. it obviously needs some refinements. but in theory, gauss rifles would require less resources because the bullets don't need a cartridge.
That is true as well. I guess after you just acquire the tech and produce the actual weapons, it might end up cheaper in the long run. Although on another note, it's reliability is probably worse than that of the gas operated weapon (maybe not in PS though with some kind of super power sources).

I might still wanna further explain myself. I don't mind if lorewise the weapons use the gauss-principle. Perhaps even so that they are gas operated, but the velocity is boosted by the magnetic stuff, thus giving a single round more power but lowering rate of fire or something. This could be used as a reason for the "high damage, but lower rof" in comparison to TR having "high RoF, lower damage".

All that really matters to me is that the weapon would sound, feel and look good, and for me that includes a "bang" and I suppose with no gas discharging, there's really no "bang" in there

All this being said, in the PS2 trailer the NC rifle does eject cartridges and make a fancy muzzle flash, so I guess my concerns arn't too relevant. I just hope they make a less annoying sound than the Gauss rifle in current Planetside, but as I mentioned, I believe the sounds of PS2 will overall be worlds apart from PS to begin with.