PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Smed on PlanetSide Next Delay
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-04-04, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Smed
CEO Sony Online

Re: Smed on PlanetSide Next Delay

Originally Posted by GarbageGnome View Post
So, SOE saves a bunch of money axing The Agency and some studios, and as a result more resources go to PSN and EQN, right? Sounds awesome.
But, why haven't we seen more media coverage of the development? I'd feel much more comfortable if there were more than concept screen shots to pin my hopes on.
What I have been trying to do is to keep the folks at PSU updated because you guys are the most loyal Planetside fans. Ive released stuff ahead of any marketing or PR push. Recently ( a few weeks ago actually) we made the call to update the game to a new internally developed engine. Doing that meant delaying the game, but we thought it was in the best interests of Planetside Next. It also means delaying releasing further info for a little while. I will let you all know more when we firm up the schedule. The likely next step is a larger scale release of information and the beta signups going up. As I've said previously current Planetside subs will be included automatically.

Normally when we do game announcements we do a much bigger concerted information push all at once and these kind of one off posts don't happen. In this case I feel like the Planetside audience has hung in with us for a long time and I really want to involve you all more in advance of the official info. However what happens is everything gets carried across the net and the actual info gets changed. I'm sorry for that happening. We will do our best to keep you informed early. But that necessarily means that sometimes when things change you have to be ready for that too.

Smed