PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Does the shallow TTK shortchange the Depth this game could have?
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #148
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Does the shallow TTK shortchange the Depth this game could have?

Originally Posted by exile View Post
Figment, can you summarise your position on this? I tried piecing it together from the lengthy and muddled conversations but can't really get a succinct grasp of it.
CoD TTK ---- PS2 TTK ----- Figgy's prefered TTK --- PS1 TTK-------------------extremely long TTK

Constant movement like headless chicken: sitting still is death by random shot (includes both CoD and PS2) -------------- Figgy's prefered TTK: Dig in to hold, twitch skill some impact to stand a chance, but caught of guard provides advantage ------ PS1: turn around freely ------------------- Big groups have too much endurance for focused fire to work (think MAX crash)

I feel it helps good players be and feel competitive and allows worse players to at least feel they did something and learn from the experience before they died a bloody death.

That suffice?

PS: Tactics always matter. Even the longer PS1 TTKs let me plug three shots in someone's bumm with a Mag Scat pistol before they reacted and let's you control the fight.

People who want this exact TTK and not a single change anywhere may as well have selected an arbitrary status quo as the optimum ever opposed to indeed having a justified preference: you can't know, it's subjective! Making crude statements like Ghoest does is simply arbitrary insulting and justification of a standpoint through personal attacks.

Last edited by Figment; 2013-01-23 at 06:10 AM.