PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Endgame Options
Thread: Gameplay: Endgame Options
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Endgame Options

I like the idea of having end game states where the map resets and one side gets a perk for having won that "campaign", to borrow WW2OL's term.

One thing I worry about with something like this, however, is that victory could be too easy to achieve. I'm not sure I like the idea of having win conditions which take place over a weekend. That doesn't feel very epic to me. I think weekend-long events which are similar to your idea in some ways (do X and get Y bonus for a while) would be really cool, but having a victory scenario should be something that takes weeks or months to achieve, I feel. Otherwise it trivializes the thing.

Furthermore, "CR5s". CR5s in Planetside were just shitheels who grinded squads for longer than other people. Idiots like those people should not have the authority to dictate stuff like empire-wide benefits. Were there to be any player decisions to be made, I would say the entire empire, maybe the entire empire excluding people who aren't paid members with characters over X cert points, should be able to vote for it.