PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Planetside 2 beta plans
Thread: News: Planetside 2 beta plans
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-12, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #218
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

Originally Posted by Pimsley View Post
Say what you want about the guy that posted this, but the argument is valid from a paying veteran's perspective. If every key is priority as well as veterans, then no one really has priority at all. The point he made about being a nine year veteran (paying vet) vs. a guy that spammed twitter with crap is spot on as far as I am concerned. You may or may not feel the same, but outside of beta starting, I see nothing here that says veterans will truly get first dibs. Yay for it starting, boo for the way they select people.
Ever think that maybe the opinions of vets aren't the only ones that matter? Look, they have to listen to everyone, and I think having fresh faces with modern outlooks will produce results that benefit everyone.

Besides, for every guy that got a twitter key, there's several hundred more who took one minute to sign up on the site who WONT get in before all of us. You should be happy that your game is now a legitimate proof-of-concept for something potentially great, and honestly be happy that anyone gives a damn at all. The devs loved seeing all the fan art, and rewarded it with consideration to get in early. When someone hasn't ever played your product and is already grabbed by the lore and what you've shown, enough to make a twitter account and beg for entrance for days or create fan art and join the communities this game has, that's a powerful thing. Let's all celebrate the joining of a new generation of planetside fans - if we weren't here waiting to be tapped, then none of you would have a sequel to something you love, and if you weren't the pioneers we wouldn't have a proof-of-concept for something spectacular when technology caught up.

Thanks to higby, for being a smart business person and having a vision of something that doesn't settle for anything outdated, and yet doesn't make compromises to destroy the soul of the game. See you guys on auraxis!

Last edited by OnexBigxHebrew; 2012-07-12 at 11:57 PM.