PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So I was complaining to my friend that I didn't see any MMOFPS's
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Re: So I was complaining to my friend that I didn't see any MMOFPS's

Welcome, OP.

There is no autobalance. There are no fair fights except when everybody on the continent gets pissed off and decide to slug it out at a single point. Friendly fire is always on. It is not BF3 with more warm bodies. It is is as close as you will get to an actual goddam war, fought out in a virtual battlespace.

You will have that OMG moment where you realize this -- probably when you look out and see a courtyard full of enemies whom you are certain are all pissed off at you personally. And you look wildly around and realize that the people all around you are the only thing keeping them at bay. We all did. That's when the loyalty starts.

We still reminisce about battles that happened years ago. Name another game that gives you those sorts of memories. Strap in, indeed. You're in for one helluva ride.

(And if you want to be in the infantry empire, the support empire, the teamwork empire... check out the Terran Republic. Service Brings Citizenship!)

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2012-07-19 at 05:19 PM.