PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Oceanic players, Outfits and a server that’s probably 24/7 active.
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SKYeXile
Major General

Oceanic players, Outfits and a server that’s probably 24/7 active.

Throughout history most companies have not accommodated oceanic players by having localised servers or even flagged AU servers so we have built our own unofficial servers. In an Open PvP game we typically believe that it’s in the oceanic players best interest to not have American oceanic flagged servers anyway so we can build a 24/7 server.

Id like to know and gauge interest from mainly outfits who are interested in participating in a server setup to have an active population 24/7, be warned in the past these server are HIGHLY active and result in ques. Blackrock in WoW was one of these servers for those who don’t know and it had VERY long que’s sometimes, the population going to Blackrock was highly under calculated.

If you’re a outfit leader of a US or AU or oceanic outfit and would like to join one of these planned 24/7 active servers please respond, also any your thoughts are welcome on this too. If you’re an individual not currently associated with an outfit, feel free to respond too, i will be later making a thread with a poll attached at a later date to better gauge individual interest.

Now needless to say, this server would be a US west server where oceanics get the lowest ping. So if you’re interested in participating in this or one of these servers, please post interest.

Also for those that don’t know me, I’m a reasonably well know Australian PS1 player, an Officer of Future Crew one of PS1 more reputable outfits, i’m GM of one of Australia top open PvP guilds TRF, our current allies consist of The Elite, D!E, WPG and Synapse(Nephilim) and we collaborate with a lot of other Oceanic guilds like The Dark Ministry and ONE. We played Major parts in settings up Blackrock and proudmore through ausgamers, Making Nezekan in Aion a flagged server. Most of these guilds or at the very least officers responsible for organising this in the past will be coming to PS2.

SOE if you read this, please don’t take this as we want a American hosted AU flagged server, this is detrimental in our mission to setup a 24/7 server as it drives away US players, however a AU Hosted server would be welcome. I realise i don't speak for all AU players on my option with that, but i represent a sizable and influential amount who do agree with me about server flagging.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-07-04 at 09:42 PM.