PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So what do you want?
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-27, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: So what do you want?

I'm not sure why you would want a floating base. The sanctuaries should definitiely be invadable, assuming the empire who's sanc is getting invaded has lost every single CC on the planet.
No towers, no bases, no nothing.

Maybe the sancs have radar, but they're open to all until every last troop is cleared out.
And have a 5-6 hour timer, at which point everyone is kicked out, the empire who got shoved back into their sanc gain a point, and the empire regains their two home continents.

Example.
TR and VS decide on a temporary alliance to wipe out the NC (Bad idea). The entire map is cleared of NC Control Consoles, and the NC sanctuary is opened.
The possible ways this battle can go are as follows:

1) The NC, with the advantage of infinite respawns, tons of vehicle terminals, and only three bases to defend, hold off, and kick off the TR and VS. If they do so in 6 hours, the NC retake control (completely; towers and bases) of their home continent and one cavern, do not gain a point, and the massive battle resumes.

2) The NC hold off the assault for the 6 hour limit, when the NC retake control (completely; towers and bases) of their home continent and one cavern, do not gain a point, and the massive battle resumes. The NC are given one point. (Points are bad)

3) The TR and VS manage to wipe out the NC forces even at their own sanctuary, at which point the empire that captured 2/3 of the control consoles loses a point, the NC gain a point, and the NC retake control (completely; towers and bases) of their home continent and one cavern, do not gain a point, and the massive battle resumes. (Losing a point is good)

Assuming the first time any sanctuary has been invaded, the scores would stand:
TR -1
VS 0
NC 1

At this point, the game also shifts so that the NC are given a temporary 5% exp boost, and a permanent 1% exp boost (6% boost for 6 hours). The TR are given a -1% exp 'boost' and a temporary -5% exp 'boost' (-6% for 6 hours).

Instead of exp, SOE could also edit the amount of damage each empire does.

Just to go slightly more in-depth, the VS could "sanc" the NC again, and while the VS are doing that, the TR "sanc" the VS.
The scores would be:

TR: -2
VS: 0
NC: 2

Obviously, this would lead to a -2% 'boost' for the TR and a 2% boost for the NC (re-activating the temporary 5%)

Sanctuaries are complicated, and I think the 'home' team should be given an overwhelming bonus during and after their sanctuary is invaded.
I don't think "sanc-ing" would happen all that often, maybe only when servers fail, or if the VS and TR actually allied (not very likely).

But it would be a hell of a motivation to fight for your sanctuary because losing would result in a point (that are hard to gain and lose) that would last forever.
Maybe the threat of having your name be posted along with all of the other members who failed in the defense.