PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So what do you want?
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-10, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sifer2
Major

Re: So what do you want?

I agree on Urban combat. I agree on making it a single Planet with continents again. I kind of agree on the idea of large warships. Like in Battlefield 2142 the "Titan" gunships were essentially flying bases people spawned from an had big mounted guns on them as it slowly moved around the map. And you could board it, destroy the security panels to gain access to the core, an then destroy it to bring the whole ship down. And it was always fun trying to escape it alive before it blew too haha.

As for my own ideas I would like to see them keep it set in the far alien future. More creativity with weapons an vehicles that way. Though they might consider a more "realistic" style this time. Once again kind of like Battlefield 2142.

I also want them to adopt the free to play but subscribe for bonus features business model. I think to the average FPS player this will be far more acceptable. My ideas for bonus features are as follows:

Free players are Enlisted men and can achieve near or complete BR rank. Subscribers are Officers an can achieve complete BR rank and can also advance in CR rank. They may have access to exclusive Officer lounges an such in Sanctuaries just for kicks. BTW no locking of any certs for Enlisted should occur. They should basically be able to play the core game in its entirety.

Additionally after maxing BR rank subscribers can gain points towards spawning as an Elite trooper. This is sort of like Black Ops was you are like an extra powerful an cool looking soldier of your faction. When you die though the death is permanent an you would need to earn another spawn as an Elite. BFR's if they decide to bring them back could be like the vehicle equivalent of this. I am thinking it would typically take several hours worth of earning points to get another spawn. So it wouldn't be a constant thing to see Elites all over the place.