PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Can Endgame/Metagame help drive PS2 to continued success?
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-15, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Kumoblade
Corporal

Re: Can Endgame/Metagame help drive PS2 to continued success?

Hate Surgiles all you want, but damn it, it was fun =P.

I never used surge to do the teleport exploit once i found out what was really going on. I just enjoyed the faster pace it gave me and allowed me to avoid heavy fire. It was great for making a surprise assault on enemies and closing distance on MA while wielding an HA weapon.

If anything, it felt great charging the enemies, dodging gunfire from all directions and handing their faces to them. It may have not been the greatest Strategy, but it sure did feel heroic when you could charge 3-4 guys with a MCG (Terran) and promptly dispatch them on an individual Pound-for-Pound level.

Reminds me of Revvy from Black Lagoon =P.

With better network management, I'd like to see Surge+Weapons again where the whole disappearing act is gone.

In some strategies, fast assault is needed for things such as flanking and punching a hole through enemy lines and catching them by surprise.

As A surgile, I liked to be the dagger in the back, instead of the army upfront. Nothing got my blood pumping like A Mosquito Bomb drop onto an Enemy base (Before you went into twisted 3rd person view D and being able to fire on the enemies as you dropped onto the top entrance and hit the ground sprinting, weaving in and out of enemies and just plowing through them before they know what hit em.

However, it was unfortunate for those who aren't prepared for that kind of gameplay, preferring a more slow combat and strategy as their reflexes couldn't keep up with those from more diversed FPS experiences.

It was that kind of Commando'esque combat that I love because I was tired of getting friendly fired by Joe'schmoe and his inability to pick targets properly =P.

That and I'm a total Shock-combo whore in Unreal >.>

Anyways, back on Topic, I hope Smedley will throw alot of effort into PS:Next. I want it to be suitable for various playstyles, but restrictive enough to not let people become 1-man armies who can do everything. There has to be a bigger role for various skills beyond supporting blowing someone's face off.

i would prefer if hackers actually had to engage in mini-games, and Engineers could sabotage enemy vehicles and facilities along with Medics.

A stealth medic who could pump an enemy full of Neurotoxins and really fuck with their mojo.