PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-21, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?

Attacking my stats and repeating over and over again that I need to "play with better outfits" is a poor argument. Like I said, I've played with all the top outfits on Connery, hell I've played with all the shit ones too. I've probably run with more outfits than you have, and condescendingly calling me a "new player" and acting like I don't understand how the game works is idiotic, considering I have over 350 hours of gameplay under my belt (Vanu account is not linked).

So, instead of dodging my points and attacking me personally, perhaps you should address my actual argument. Because I'm nice, I'll even re-iterate it for you:

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
I never said that Biolabs can't be taken. I said that the way to take a Biolab is one-dimensional, and it's true. As an attacker, you have one way to take a Biolab, and that's to flood the landing pad and teleporter rooms and try to breakthrough the camping defenders. The resulting meat grinder is fun the first dozen times, not so much afterwards.

@Doug: It is a battle of attrition. You're absolutely right in that there is no literal limitation of manpower, but while bullets and respawning bodies are infinite, willpower is not. In PS2, battles end when the attackers either take the base or pull out and go for a softer target somewhere else. Thus, it's not attrition of resources so much as its an attrition of will. Despite everyone having infinite lives, players can only "respawn, jump into the breach, die, respawn, jump into the breach, die, respawn" so many times before they collectively say fuck it and go somewhere else.

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2014-04-22 at 12:02 AM.