PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Dual wield pistols yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-05, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Dual wield pistols yes or no?

Originally Posted by Hypevosa View Post
If you can't understand the trade-offs and benefits I've already elaborated on throughout the thread, I won't be able to make you see through the brick wall you've put between yourself and the idea.

I'd rather use dual pistols than a shotgun, unless we're talking about an AA-12 style automatic shotgun, because I feel I can dance around someone with a slow firing rate enough to kill them before they kill me in that situation. I also think they would be better than an SMG at that range (again, assuming higher caliber), and, if I get the jump on them, I can probably drop their shield and just finish them off by switching to using one pistol if they move too far away for the dual wielding to be effective.

I also would just feel more satisfied than using a shotgun for close range - I've always enjoyed employing agility and acrobatics in close range combat to dupe people.

COD has nothing to do with my want to dual wield pistols (I actually never bothered to get akimbo upgrades in COD), I just see it as having merit in this universe, and I think it would be fun.
The spread on the shotgun is going to kill you long before you even get a chance to get enough shots off on somebody. I noticed that your are a VS player. Let me put it this way. Expect to see lots of NC players running with the JH (Jack Hammer) in close range combat inside the Facilitys. I can tell you right now your not going to win.

Another thing I think you need to take into consideration. This isn't going to be 1v1 like your typical BF or COD game. Its not gonna be just one guy sitting there by his lonesome. Its gonna be 10+ guys realistically all with JH's in their hand ready to make Swiss cheese out of you. The dual pistols really have no place in this game. I'm trying to look at it from your point of view but they just have no place. There is no role for them to filll that isn't already taken. You already have other weapons for close to medium range that are going to be a lot more effective. You don't bring pistols to a indoor fight, you bring a shotgun. You don't have to be as accurate and the spread on the pellets are a lot more forgiving.

If your doing CY fighting your gonna bring a SMG or your primary AR. It just going to kill better. You also need to remember that the bulk majority of the players you see inside the facility's in CQB are going to be wearing REXO and MAX armor. They are not going to be easy to take down. Why limit your self to 2 pistols that are doing mediocre damage to these guys when you can carry a bigger boom stick that's gonna get the job done more efficiently.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-04-05 at 03:16 AM.