PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 on PS4...
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-13, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
STOMPIE
Private

Re: Planetside 2 on PS4...

Hey guys. SO to update post E3. I have been fortunate to have had some correspondance on Twitter with some of the Devs (or people in the know. I cant remember their nams right now).

I know most of the PC players wont give a Shit about how, why or when anything about PS2 on PS4, but for those console players who do want to know, and do have an interest in playing this game i will do my best to keep us updated. Add to this thread as you please.

So, i saw a very short video on Twitter today of what the touch pad on the PS4 controller could be used for. In this particular vid, it was used to rotate the character in a menu. I know that isnt interesting to anyone really but what was also visible was teh persons hand on the controller. What is showed was the action it took by the finger to initiate this action. The touch pad reacted fluidly, accurately and was crisp. Good news to see how sensitive and accurate the touch pad can be and bodes well for other integration into the game as no doubt it will be used in other menus.

The other bit of info, and slightly more concerning with a comment i recieved over Twitter regarding a picture that was posted.

The picture was that of PS4 controller with the button configuration. The button layout was incomplete but most of the assigned roles for each button were there. then came the concerning part.
I posted a question to the auther of the picture about whether there will be custom button configurations available, like most other FPS games have. I received a reply that said someone else would reply, which they did. There reply can be summerized to this "We want to concentrate on making sure the default layout is ready for release"

This comment concerned me for one particular reason. That is, that the picture of what is most likely going to be the default button config, that was posted is not what i use. And its not what many people use. Having the availability to change the button layout, even through presets is vital. As a console player for over 10 years, since at least the PS2 there have always been presets to change certain buttons available.

Dont get me wrong, im sure they will include them, i just hope they will at release and not later on down the track which seems to be a trend with PS2 and upgrades.

PS: The picture of the controller button config was for infintary only.