PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Resources & Short-cutting the Cert Tree
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-08, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Re: Resources & Short-cutting the Cert Tree

I'm in complete disagreement, as you may guess from my (now locked) thread on resource collection and self interest.

First, I think that the resources you earn should be yours to do with as you please. If you are thinking short term then you will get all the bells and whistles on your guns/vehicles. If you are thinking long term, you will invest in skill development.

The caveat being that either the relative costs for both are different, as in very low cost for a one shot (one life) upgrade to your rifle or high cost to upgrade a skill (permanent).

I'm operating on the notion that the different resource types will factor into this as well, which can act as a means of valuating different resources based on scarcity and utility. We know that some resources are more useful to different empires, so I wouldn't think it would be too presumptuous to say that the same could be said about resources being used for attachments or skill shortcuts. The resources for upgrading skills may be completely different to the ones used for upgrading weapons, so there may not even be a conflict here.

If it takes a year to max out a vehicle skilltree, I don't see why a person would oppose an active route to speed up the process. I want to experience the full game, and I want to do that within its product cycle lifetime. I also don't really have much concern for the person who buys PS2 and just plays the free month that is pretty much standard with P2P MMO's these days.

I'm in it for the long haul, no need to cater to the lookie loo's.

Last edited by Soothsayer; 2011-08-08 at 12:47 PM. Reason: speeling erorrs