PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide on the Long Game Blog
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-31, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide on the Long Game Blog

Is it really $15 a month to upgrade F2P? With LOTRO $60 annually on the same principle that's extortion!

I think when it comes to his first blog, his play experience with the game is pretty much the way it is for me with the CDL - mainly since the vast majority of them are in the US and they're on when I can't be, or vice versa. It's a struggle many times when you can't spawn on your squad, particularly if it takes over an hour just to reach them by other means by some miely-mouth 15 year old keeping you out constantly; equally, however, it can a total blast when we'd kick ass and take names against three other clans desperately trying to hold their own.

As for his second blog, I totally agree and actually voiced my own ideas for contests to the CDL-Officers, since a few of them also run PSU. The Battleframes were a pure disaster until they finally showed some balance, but even then, they probably weren't the most thought-out expansion to give more to the player. I think the bottom line is other developers who try to make MMOFPS's don't listen to their playerbase... in the beginning SOE didn't either, and then Planetside Idea Lab allowed some of fans ideas to be noticed and the studio later put some of them in the game. When a studio makes an MMO, they need to remember its survival is dependent on those actually paying to play it, not simply the millions on revenue they earn once it hits retail shelves.

As long as the devteam understand it's a co-operative between them and the players, PS2 will be as good as PlanetSide, and possibly maintain the standard that has worked for so many years.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2011-07-31 at 04:28 PM.