PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Footholds Archetypes: "Food for Thought"
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-14, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Footholds Archetypes: "Food for Thought"

Originally Posted by erunion View Post
Nice graphics.

I'm curious about a fifth option: All 3 factions have a foothold on the same one continent(just like now), with all additional continents(to be added) connected by warp gates(possibly make each warp gate connect to several others).
I think that would play out like option #4. What you describe is similar to the sanctuaries of PS1, which connected to continents and then the continents connnected to each other. Only difference there is that instead of 3 separate sanctuaries you have one sanc with combat enabled.

The general idea that I believe people like is that idea that you start off on different continents, but they all connect in various ways and you meet int he middle and fight across different landscapes. This is appealing because it's a front and gives a sense of real conquest and helps drive home the persistence aspect of the game, as well as the scale of the game.

I hope we move to something like that, but it does require a lot more continents before you start seeing the rich gameplay. With a small number of continents the strategy is extremely basic and likely boring.