PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Dedicated driver certification for MBT
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Dedicated driver certification for MBT

Originally Posted by fod View Post
i havnt been fully following the conversation about 1 man tank vs tank with 2 men inside (one with main gun) but have you considered that the gunner of your tank might not have any tank certs? or want to spend his certs there?
Everyone will have access to every vehicle in game, be it standard or certed. So that's a non-issue. Sidegrade and certs will only give a minor advantage and mostly are about tweaking them to your personal preference.

They do not make you utterly pwn all of a sudden, plus even if you don't drive a tank, you can grab something else or even as infantry you'd be another unit with own firepower and hit points. So yes, it's been considered from multiple perspectives.

This wouldn't be such an issue if there'd be less available units to players, because then they'd get stuck on timers sooner and wouldn't all be able to afford these units.

that is my situation - my gunners are usually pure infantry that dont drive tanks themselves

so if i never had my gunner (main cannon gunner) then there simply wouldnt just be another tank out there solo, just another infantrymen
Nobody is pure infantry in PlanetSide 2 even if they wanted to. In PS1 it's possible yet extremely unlikely. Though I don't think I know anyone who doesn't have any vehicles in PS1. (Besides, you get ANT free these days.) Most players have personal transport as it's really cheap to get and sustain.

On top of that, you can't determine general balance on the premise of an extremely small minority not having their own vehicle (which as said, doesn't even exist in PS2 because you get access to all basic units and classes from the start, just not all their tweaking abilities).

Last edited by Figment; 2012-07-18 at 07:10 PM.