PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What we know about Beta.
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-18, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: What we know about Beta.

keep in mind that radarx said EARLY beta will be in sessions and that this will change later in the beta progress.

that´s exactly what i would expect. testsessions at first, to check out certain mechanics, and when the game seems to be working as intended the server will get longer runningtimes until it is stable enough for big scale balancing and stresstesting.

remember that getting early closed beta access is not equal to play the full game and is not intended as a demo for potential players. that´s what the majority of players thinks what a beta is, because they only played open betas or console betas that tend to use betas for promotion instead of developement.

so you have to choose! if you wanna see the game early, you will have penaltys as sheduled playsessions, horrible bugs and only few players. if you wanna get into the game and experience the full scale, you may want to wait a little longer until later closed or open beta or even until release.

i would love to get ingame no matter how finished the game is ;-)
because i love to see how games evolve and i love to help with testing,breaking and changing things. and closed betas are the best or even only possibility to do this because changes will be made very fast so you can actually see what is happening to the game.
damn, i would even go ingame for hours if we only would get one soldier, no weapons and would have to walk around on the whole map to find "fall through map" glitches without being able to shoot anything

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!