PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: What would you like to see?
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Cooper
Private

Re: What would you like to see?

PSU's generraly ace as it is.

I'm surpised AGN hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread (did I miss it?). Glad to see a new 'squad beacon' coming out. Instant Action videos are always welcome too.

I tend not to use the PSU forums, but do use it as as source of news as well as the stats. I know we all have twitter now and catch glimpses of new stuff put out there, and we can all watch FNO or the Higby / TRay monthly things, or go to Reddit or these forums or wherever to see things shared. But that's a lot of trawling to get info. What I can't find for PS2 is anyone collecting all these 'tidbits' in some kind of bulletin.

Basically, if there's anyone with the time, some kind of 'weekly bullletin' of PS2 updates and info would be very welcome. This week we'd have the announcement of the new rocket launchers incoming, the new SMGs from FNO, the new customisation from FNO, the Deliverer (?) teased in the Higby / TRay show, the NS revolver. As well as some important hotfix changes, a new MANA turret, and render changes. That's a lot of stuff in the past week alone, and only the most dedicated follow all tweets & threads etc. will have got all of that.

So, yeah, I'd like to see a 'weekly bulletin' or some such thing that collates all the bits of news to come out of PS2, and I think PSU would be a great place to host that kind of thing.

Also really excited about the stats. Esepcially outfit stats. But until the new SOE players site comes out, it's difficult to tell what could be done with it that SOE aren't already planning. One thing that comes to mind is that PS2 lacks any kind of centralised hub for outfit details. The API would be incredibly useful for this. Outfit deatils for each server including leaderboards + some kind of customisable wiki-style space for each outfit as a central hub for outfits would be so much better than what's currently cobbled together on the PSU wiki and the PS2 wikia...

Edit: On that note, I've just gone and updated the "list of outfits" template over at the PSU wiki to add a column that contains a link to the PS2 stats page on PSU.
http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/List_of_Outfits
It works for any outfit where {{{outfit name}}} is as it actually appears over the API...
Edit2: Same done for the wikia template used over at planetside. wikia. com/wiki/Outfits

Last edited by Cooper; 2013-02-17 at 05:26 PM.