PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Window shopping build, will order once PS2 Beta is released
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-02, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
PeteHMB
Sergeant

Re: Window shopping build, will order once PS2 Beta is released

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
The 500W is plenty if you are not overclocking actually. The vendors just recommend that to people often having shitty PSUs. That one I linked you is great. You can get this 600W version for $10 more. I just wasn't sure what the build was going to come to, so I only did the 500W. Adding a few components that cost an extra $10 that maybe not worthwhile will cause you to be held back on other components potentially.

What are your thoughts on overclocking? Take a look at this guide here to have an idea as to how to do it. Predator (just built his computer) doing a few options in his bios got his 2500K to 4.2GHz without any issues, he can go a lot higher too.
It's a possibility, but I'm wondering how much of the performance gains I'll actually notice in game. Additionally, what about the audio card? Have on-board audio cards improved enough in recent years where it's $60 better spent on a better video card / power supply?